Thursday, September 4, 2008

Whaaassss UP MAN!


Over labor day weekend we went camping with my family for my birthday. It was a lot of fun. We went 4-wheeling, shot our guns, and hung out around the campfire (my favorite). I decided I really want to get a fire pit because I just love sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows and talking with everyone.
It was really funny, one night we were around the campfire talking and Grandpa Robert and Grandma Pat were telling us about this funny movie called Born in East LA. Part of the movie talks about some Chinese that are trying to sneek into LA and so someone is teaching them how to fit in, well Grandma Pat decided that telling us about it wasn't good enough so she stood up and showed us, she totally walked the gansta walk, threw gang signs, and ways saying "Whaaasup Man!" And that is how to fit into LA!! HAHA It was awesome she had it down so good!! I about died laughing watching her do that. So, I guess that's a movie we are going to have to watch.
Other then that we had good time haning out with my parents and grandparents. We talked with Dave and Callie some and really enjoyed that (we need to plan a trip guys, that would be fun). We missed JR and Tammy (but hopefully we will catch them next time). All in all a fun weekend and a good birthday (other then the fact that I am a year older and found a grey hair ....yeeeks)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Melanie told me I have several grays up there on my crown so I'm right there with ya. Getting old sucks. Oh well, it couldn't last forever eh?

J.R. and Tammy said...

I know we were there and gone so fast! JR had church stuff He had to do back at home. I'm happy you got to meet Calie though. She's a fun girl! She and Dave are always doing something fun. Oh and the gray hair thing is funny because JR has some grays and I told him if He goes prematurely gray I am going to dump JUST FOR MEN on him and He swears He'll kill me if I do! I guess I'll just have to shave his head.