So, Saturday before Broadies last baseball game, we had some time to kill, what did we do, we went investment shopping! HAHA OK the truth is we went yard sale shopping. It was a blast, we bought something at each one we went to, Scotty scored a lawn edger for $1.00 and I scored some mini muffin tins for $0.30, and a sweet wood carved snowman that says "I LOVE SNOW"! It was fun, and Scott was funny, he kept saying we were investing for when we have a yard sale of our own! 
We also took Broadie to a Boy Scout open house (Yes, it was Scott's idea) But I guess boys can't grow up without going through Scouts. Well Broadie learned all about it and he is so excited. He can't wait to start! So I guess it is good.... we will get him signed up.
I must admit, I am not too excited about it. Actually a little freaked out and I know everyone teases me about it, but I am really scared that they are going to go camping and my kido is going to be the one in a million that gets lost. (Ya hear about it all the time ... another boy scout is lost in the woods ~ never gets found). I am scared to be that statistic. I don't like the thought at all, so if it hadn't been for Scott's encouragement I don't know that I would have ever signed him up. I think it all stems from the fact that I am just scared of loosing my lil' kido.... when we go to the store, I still make him either sit in the cart or he has to hold on to the cart at all times (I am a little too strict about it but I don't want to loose him and I don't want some creepo to grab him) Poor kid, I know, he is 7, but oh well, better safe then sorry in my opinion. :)
I guess at least he is totally excited about it, he talks about it every day and he has to tell everyone that he is a Scout. It is actually really cute. I had no idea he would be this excited. He asked Scott if Scouts were engineers because they make things. Scott said they are engineers in the making, then asked Broads if he wants to be an engineer ..... BROADIES ANSWER >>>> YEP!!! (OH NO!!! ~ if you know an engineer you understand my oh no) ~ and its meant in a totally ever so perfect and orderly way :) haha
I LOVE MY BOYS :)

2 comments:
You guys are too funny. Nerds rule, right?
Keep up the posts. How is the dog doing after his super duper pooper?
Haha, still one sore bum!! But I think he is on the upper swings
Post a Comment